The American diet is based mainly on the excessive consumption of fats, sugar, soda, meat, chips, sauces... and very little consumption of vegetables and fruits. There are many fast food restaurants, "junk food", where they choose the products by their appearance, flavour and smell, regardless of their nutritional value.

However, the Mediterranean diet is much healthier and balanced, rich in products like olive oil as the main fat, red meat, lots of fish and vegetables. This diet includes fruit and vegetables and moderate consumption of sugar and fats.

The Mediterranean diet contains between 1500 and 1800 calories a day, the American diet provides between 3000 and 4000 calories a day, also the risk of diseases such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease is much higher among those who eat the American diet.
Having a look at my daily diet, I would say it's more similar to the American diet, with a lot of sugar, hamburgers and meat, but few fruits and vegetables consumption. I should change my eating habits and cosume more fruits, because I like the kiwi and orange, and vegetables like zucchini or lettuce.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario